Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend in review

What an epic weekend.

It started on Thursday with Folk Fest and finished with watching Role Models on the couch with Vin. And all the in-between was exactly what I needed to come back on Monday morning, feeling refreshed and ready to blog… I mean work.

I had an excellent time at Folk Fest; I think we really made Ben feel at home. It made me proud to be an Edmontonian. He was so emotional, and he put on such an excellent show. He looked out into the crowd; and saw the hill in Gallagher Park filled with people and candles. He could see all of us there to support him, singing along.

I have some awesome pictures on my laptop at home, so look back this evening, and I’ll have added them.

Friday I headed to the pub after work with Jen and caught up on her post university antics. It was nice to have a couple drinks after work, made it feel like a weekend. Then I waited at home until Courtney got into town
Apparently I missed some antics, from the Scotsman….



But I still had a nice time catching up with my cousin. ….


Then Saturday morning we slept in, had French toast, walked Wicket… then it was time for CARI WEST parade!!!!

It was my first time watching the parade in Edmonton, and I must say I was impressed! The colors and the dancing. It was a great time. The whole parade was filled with Nubean princesses strutting their stuff and shakin their booty's.... I was jealous of their dance moves, my male friends couldn't look away.





Then Saturday night was time for drinking with friends, and Sunday was time for recreational sports (I’m dating one of the League Champions ;) and time for family dinner and a movie.

As I said, I’m ready for Monday.... its a short week... San Fran on Friday. I think I'm ready for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment