Wednesday, November 10, 2010

She kissed me goodbye as she walked out the door.

Yesterday was my birthday. I’m going to keep celebrating it today, and tomorrow, and the day after that and the whole weekend, because I love Epic parties like that. I hide myself for a while, only to explode for a week and then I become a hermit again. It’s a routine. Is it possible to have a binge partying routine? Meinh, don’t care, it’s my reality.

My birthday went a little like this:
Sleep, Walk Wicket, School, Beer, Walk Wicket, Beer, Tacos, Text, Beer, Walk Wicket, Sleep.

Mixed in with all of this were some of my beautiful friends, and plenty of phone calls and text messages to wish me a happy day. The friends who called and came out last night were not necessarily who I expected, but they are genuine and heartfelt and they made me feel special.

I got an offer to take my job back at the restaurant… that was nice. He said I could work Fridays and Saturdays, and I wouldn’t have to work Sundays. It’s a fair deal, and at this point… once I start hibernating again… it might be good to get some extra cash flow. I’ll think about it though…. I’ll think about it. I got to hang with Spooner, just like it was January all over again. I got to do shooters with Dan… Jagger, my friend. I miss them all very much, a social dynamic with a paycheque, getting paid to chit chat.

Interestingly, Shmelly’s babe royally called me out on my shit last night. It was tough to hear, completely valid, but still tough to hear. I’m always picking up and taking off, next trip, next adventure, and next place to move, next career move, next and next and next and next. Always moving always running away, that’s me, always on the move, but not really going anywhere. One step forward 4 steps back.

Grow the fuck up he says… and she was like you can’t say that, but then she said pretty much the same thing, just in a nicer way. I have a serious commitment problem. I can’t commit to a town, I can’t commit to a job, I can’t commit to a guy, I can’t commit to a routine.

But then I realize I have to stop being so hard on myself. It’s a one day at a time thing.
Right?

Either way it was a night for growing, of chatting, of day dreaming. It’s not the night I thought I would get a couple weeks ago, but it was still nice. Now today is for:
Hung-over revelations, sitting in cubicle land, dreaming of snow, avoiding work, wondering where the next adventure will bring me, I can’t help but think of bigger and better, Why? Because I’m bored as fuck.

2 comments:

  1. Well you should keep celebrating because it's my birthday today!!!
    And then celebrate tomorrow because it's only one day away from our exciting and chaotic weekend.
    And then celebrate all weekend because we get to hang out with each other and do exciting and chaotic things...
    I love you for who you are, I don't want you to change unless you want to change and move to Fernie...then I'll be okay with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to you. We partied like rockstars, loved life and all the rest. I'm glad we shared out birthdays this year. Although it will take me a year to recover.
    Thank you for loving me just the way I am.
    L.

    ReplyDelete