Friday, November 5, 2010

Just behind the corner...


Ouuu my last Friday at 26…
Birthdays are always a time for change for me. Time to turn over a new leaf, time to make some new friends, or time to find the friends I’ve lost over the years. It’s been a HUGE year this time around. So much has happened…

So many new beginnings
So many fresh starts, fresh mind, fresh tracks
So many heat beats, heart aches, heart breaks
New love, old love, lost love, puppy love….


And all the while life just keeps ticking along, work keeps piling up, beers keep flowing, friends keep calling, meals get eaten, homework gets done, and things get accomplished.

This year I will graduate, and loose the obligation to get this thing I’m in, done. I’ll be able to relax, if I choose, and settle into a life. Any life. Funny how I still think I’ll choose this one.

Not out of fear
Not out of regret
Not out of lack of experience
Not for lack of choice


I feel more settled now than I have ever felt. More comfortable:

in my mind
in my body
in my home
in my soul


Maybe it’s the age talking, maybe it’s the vodka (just kidding), maybe it’s just time I learned to be myself. But anyway, I like it, like me. I like where I’m at and I’m stoked to put another X on my Calendar and enjoy my last Friday of 26. I don’t think much more can change, but hey… I thought that last year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment