Monday, November 15, 2010

Nothing is as it seems. Everything is Rainbows.



It all started with an extra 100 km's, a case of beer, my friends Skid, Col and Charlie. We picked up a 12 pack of Keiths in Drumheller, and Skid took the wheel. I'd been thirsty all day, and that first cold one went down a treat, then came the second and then the third. By then I didn't give a shit when we got to Kowtown, I just knew I was up for all the adventures that lay before me, and nothing was going to slow me down. We made it in in good time, even sober Skid was starting to get into the groove. Some rocking tunes, some good vibes, nothing could kill this buzz.



We get into the hotel just in time. The crew is heading for food, and the beers were in the cooler. The restaurant was occupied, and unwelcome, so we made our way back to the room after a couple shots and some random pizza in hand. The world was open to whatever came before us. Little did I know we were in the eye of the storm and there was noting to prevent us from getting sucked into the vortex that would be party AJ and Charlie. There were pillow fights and laying in beds, and serious conversations and light moments of bliss and enough bull shit to tip the Calgary tower. And still we ventured deeper and further into the abyss.



One by one everyone moved over, or up and onward. Soon enough there were only four of us left, AJ, Col, Me and Charlie. I was up I was down i was spun like a top, i was everywhere and anywhere and I was nothing like me, i was nothing like you, we were all lost in each other's company. The drinks were flowing as well as the conversation and the next thing you know the sun was rising in the distance, and I was crawling into my warm bed. Sleep never came that morning, but shopping came that afternoon, the boys looked dapper the girls look gorgeous and all was right with the world. AJ wanted us to be the rockstars we were and took us on a Limo ride.

Charlie took the prime seat with all of us behind him and the next thing you know we're out on the town without a care in the world. The night never ended and the conversation flowed once again with the drinks. Everyone was kepping on keeping up and once in the end there were 5. Skid stayed on this night, the conversation kept him going along with the white russians. I couldn't make it this time, Skid took my place at the conversation table and I drifted off the sleep on the couch. I made my way to bed, and slept until 7:30 am, when I woke up to silence.
I sunk back into my nice warm bed. I couldn't sleep a wink after that...

The drive up was nice, it was calm, it was real, it was fun and it was chill. Breakfast in red deer was all we could hope for an wicket in my bed while I slept at 8:00 pm that evening was all I could ask for. It was an epic weekend of epic proportions filled with epic awesomeness and that in the end is all you can ask for when you share a b-day with a rad gal and some awesome friends. We rocked Kowtown. and I will never be the same.

2 comments:

  1. Skid: Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of Edmonton for at least 48 hours. Blows my weekend.
    L dot: Why?
    Skid: Because naturally I'm going to have to go with you. And we're going to have to arm ourselves... to the teeth!

    -- Hunter S. Thompson (well, sort of)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

    -Hunter
    (L.)

    ReplyDelete