Sunday, October 24, 2010

You can't take what's already yours.

These next 5 minutes are mine Bitches.
Not sharing them with anyone. Don't enter my zone. Don't call, I won't answer. You text? I'm not going to look at it right away. Why? Because this time is mine... and like the blawg says... sometimes we have to say please and thank you... and we can all be ungrateful little bitches. I hear footsteps in the hallway and now my alone time has been interrupted. i'm trying to ignore her. But the perfection of the moment is gone. I'm not alone. I can't pretend.
But I can still have these 5 minutes. I can still have this time that is mine. I don't like to be alone all the time. I don't like to feel lonely. But sometimes I feel so grateful for
peace
quiet
tranquility
rain drops on windows
cars splashing through puddles
the hum of my refrigerator
the tic tic tic of the coffee pot
the sound of my lips pressed against the side of my warm ceramic coffee cup slurping at the delicious mix of fresh coffee and cream

the footsteps have headed back to the bedroom, just a quick glass of water before they crawl back into each others arms. There is no where either of them would rather be. I am jealous of that unconditional desire to be around one another. They haven't left each other's side, and they seem to still enjoy each other's company. I know I'm too independent for that level of affection, but it would be nice to know I could crawl back into bed on this beautifully rainny day, and the bed would be warm and filled with arms to hold me.

I have instead you blawg. a creative outlet. I have my coffee. My laptop. And these 5 minutes.

These have been my minutes. and I have enjoyed every one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment