Friday, October 22, 2010

6 hours and counting...

It’s 8:25am and I’m ready for bed. He says he’s only doing a half-day… what a cheater.
I only have 6 more hours to go… and believe me, I’m counting every second. I’m tired and cranky… and I’m pretty sure a part of me died last night… you know the part that operates, basic motor function, and thinking. Birthdays are meant for good time. And I did well. I had fun. We both had fun. We all had fun. the birthday boy is still going strong. There were drinking games. Long chat’s on the deck. Good People. Good Times. We went to bed at reasonable hour. The house was still bustling, and we even though we were tired, we didn’t go to sleep right away. We had long talks, like we’d both ingested honesty serum; it was good, straight-truth, no bull-shit. The restless sleep has lead to a restless morning, and here I am ready for a nap. Good thing today is Friday and the expectations are as low as my aspirations. I’m easing into the weekend and all will be well soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment