Friday, October 8, 2010

Glutton for punish-meant.

Sometimes I miss waitressing.

Its my clutch.

Looking back... I miss getting paid to interact with people. I miss being on my feet. I miss the day going by fast. I miss talking dirty to the kitchen. Shocking the waiters. Lying. Eating good food. Watching people eat good food. Explaining what good food is all about. I miss drinking lots... and no one questioning it. I miss making killer money...whether I deserved was irrelevant. I miss one day slipping into the next, never missing a beat, never worrying about anything, never truly being challenged, but always being busy.

Then I wake up, look at my computer, and get back to getting paid to write shit. Hey look its Friday... and I have the weekend off.


this one's for all those crazy kids who inspire me... even when they're on the other side of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment