Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My vote says Cop Out...

Cop out? Or good opening performance?

Ok, so it’s not often for me that the band I’m really into decides to come to Edmonton, right when I’m really into them. Usually, they go everywhere BUT here and then I see them once I’m already kind of over them…. (context)

So I went to a show last night.
They only have 1 album.
That album only has 9 songs
They were the opening act for a terrible band
But this band is good
I was really excited
Totally into it


The sound was terrible for the first few songs… but the tech got it together by the 4th song… typical EEC. They played a 7 song set. They played well. They didn’t play my favourite song, I was disappointed….

They finished with a cover of War Pig by Black Sabbath.
They played it well.

Here comes the rant.

Why do bands, good bands, insist on finishing with covers? I’m so over it. They put all of this energy into their last song of the set… and its not even their bloody song. Vin defended their action. It really was probably the best song of their set, and it was the song the audience was the most into….

I just found it terribly disappointing.

And he played the guitar for War Pig…. On a Keyboard…. That’s just bad form.


You be the Judge...



vs


2 comments:

  1. Last year I saw a band that I love open for a big name radio guy I don't really care about. I paid (relatively) big bucks to see an indie band. They were amazing and well worth it, but I would have been disappointed if they'd played a cover. I agree with you. It's ok to play some in the set, but you should always end with your own material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I was so mad...Vinny thought I was being irrational... maybe I was...

    ReplyDelete