Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Is cheesecake a vegetable

My roommates boyfriend cooked diner last night and I was lucky enough to get 'stuck' with the leftovers. So, as I sit here devouring a plate of Salmon Alfredo made with cream, loaded with complex carbohydrates and dripping with oil; I am drawn back to a conversation I had with Bean this morning while sipping chai after our hot yoga class...

She was letting me know about her decision to try fasting. Cleansing and holistic health are an enormous part of her life and to her fasting is a natural progression into a deeper understanding of her personal health. So she's working herself up gently to this cleanse and the first step for her is less coffee, no meat, no complex carbohydrates and more veggies. The second step is no sugar, no coffee, no meat, only whole grains (in small amounts), no fruit (sugar) and the rest vegetables. The third step is only raw vegetables. And the fasting is just juice, that she makes at home. Then she goes back, very gently and lets herself have everything back with less sugar and coffee.


I WOULD DIE.

I am lucky if I cook a meal. And if I do, you can rest assured it will have a complex carbohydrate in there at some point or at least a cheap whole grain. I'm a good cook... but with the roomie gone for another 4 weeks, its just me and the pooch, and we don't share meals...Plus lets be honest... I'm lazy.


But I get where she's coming from... she's just on a whole other level than me. I do need to spend some more time encouraging myself to spend more time on myself...
So I'm going to try and eat breakfast in the mornings.
And I'm going to go to yoga 3 times this week.
And I'm going to write nonsense in my blawg to keep me current, whenever I damned well feel like it.
And I'm going to get some homework done. Tonight. Mostly cuz I have to and less because I want to... but its going to get done and its going to feel awesome.

And then... I'm going to watch some chuck, read some Agatha Christy, maybe shower, take Wicket for a pee, and then I'm going to go to bed.

Beat that Rayme... A play by play of my life and Its damned good eh?

maybe I will skip to chuck first... and...






No comments:

Post a Comment