Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wed-nes-day

First I said Tuesday... and here we are Wednesday. That's because Fernie was trouble. I should have known she would be.

"What happens in Fernie, Stays in Fernie..." my little Vegas of the North.

What I will say is:

People think they know me. They see the calm, collected, articulate, hermit that I have become in this cold northern city environment. They see me: the student, the government worker, the up and comer. I seem responsible. I look responsible. I wear glasses. Some friends who've known me for years, well they know different. Friends who've known me in travel mode, well they don't even know my responsible side. Ther's a crazy, irresponsible, random adventure loving, party girl inside of me. She's not hidden very deep, and she's up for anything. The people who know this is true, will read this and yawn. They know this isn't an exageration. They have stories of they're own they could tell about me. They probably won't say a thing though. They could be incriminated by association. The one's who read this and haven't seen this side of me.

Don't worry. You probably won't. You wouldn't believe me if I told you anway. You'll probably never witness it. You'll probably never meet her. Unless you come to Fernie. But if you do... you might not recognize me.

Because what happens in Fernie stays in Fernie...

No comments:

Post a Comment