Monday, September 13, 2010

Miss C.


Sometimes you meet people who make you a better person than you would have been if you'd never met them at all. Today I wrote a letter to one of my dearest friends, she's one of these people.
It went a little something like this:

"When I think of my writing, when I think of my audience, I think of you.
In a perfect world I would get paid to write you letters everyday. In a very perfect world you would be sitting in the living room reading your book, while I wrote these letters. In a perfect world, the house of Essex would be on the Big Island and we'd all be beautifully wind blown, sun kissed and tired from playing on the beach. We would have fiesta's every afternoon, and drink delicious wine in the evening's. Our meals would be filled with delicious vegetables from the garden..a garden you made with your own hands. And the house would always smell faintly of freshly brewed coffee. In a perfect world hangovers wouldn't exist, time wouldn't matter and we would both feel completely fulfilled in our chosen carer paths. We would feel blessed, and grateful.
I mean... Well... I guess...I am sort of getting paid to write you letters... But wouldn't it be wonderful if it was legitimate..."

This was in response to an entire email filled with good stories and love... one line of hers hits me though:

"we are due for a weekend together... we are due for the world! right? or not... we haven't inherited the world from our grandparents we are borrowing it from our grandchildren? something like that... anyway... wanna ditch everthing and go to wyoming?"

She is my friend. She makes me a better person. I appreciate her friendship. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment