Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thinking Back


Its hard not to dream big in cubicle land. Its hard not to look at these temporary beige walls and wonder where I'll be in ten years. Its so easy to get caught up in the routine of living outside these walls.... but inside them at my dest I can't help but think back. Why am I so comfortable in business casual attire?


This time last year my whole world was falling apart. I felt worthless, and completely alone. I was counting the seconds until I could get on that plane, and come home by myself. I was so pre-occupied by my own baggage that I completely lost sight of the fact that I was living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.



Now that I'm in cubicle land I'm happy. I am never alone because I'm only four feet from my neighbor, on all four sides. I've been back for long enough now that I can think back on last year and remember the beach and not the heartache. I will never forget the 'mean' but it doesn't have to be all that I remember. Now I can think in my cubicle of blue oceans and mountains and memories...


Hitchhiking across BC, Skinny dipping in the ocean, riding my bike across Vancouver Island, Bungee Jumping in Whistler, Drinking tea in London with Sariya, Eating Japanese Pizza in Tokyo with Bendan, Having a fashion parade in Kylie's shop with Roz... life is good in cubicle land. I show up everyday at 7:30... and disapear into my thoughts by 7:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment